What is Community Safety?
In recent years, the mayors and administrations of the United States have faced a number of community safety issues. These problems are occurring not only in the cities and their suburbs but also in the towns and villages.
People are being affected and crime is on the rise. The state has enacted various legislation to address these issues. As a result, there is a significant reduction in these issues.
Public awareness is being created for community safety. The more the community becomes aware of community safety, the less problems are seen in the society. Community safety gives us a sense of security.
We find ourselves safe in our social, political and economic lives. In other words, community safety gives us the right to live our individual lives in accordance with the principles of society. Community safety also informs us about the rights of others.
What is Community Safety Education Act?
State Senator Royce West introduced the Community Safety Act in the Senate. The act was signed by Governor Greg Abbott. It is part of the curriculum for all driving schools in Texas.
Moreover, it is part of the training course for all traffic officers. All drivers and traffic officers in Texas must be aware of this act. High school students in Texas need to know this act before they graduate.
Driver education and curriculum should also include information on law enforcement interactions during traffic stops. The new law will reduce tensions and anxiety when communicating between traffic officers and citizens.
- The Community Safety Education Act defines the attitudes of citizens and law enforcement officers.
- It contains the list of the criteria for creating a neighborhood watch group.
- The Community Safety Education Act covers the issues around us.
- This legislation prohibits the use of mobile phones while driving.
What Is the Purpose of The Community Safety Education Act?
- The Community Safety Act was enacted in Texas in 27th of August, 2018.
- The Community Safety Education Act requires the State Board of Education to accept rules that contain guidelines developed by the Texas Education Code.
- There were actual and proper instructions for students in grades nine through twelve and for law enforcement or peace officers.
- These guidelines guide students on how to know and what to do when traffic stops.
- The main purpose of this act is to ensure the safety of officers and citizens.
Fundamental Instructions of Community Safety Education Act
- A person has every right to talk to peace officers.
- According to the law, a citizen has to prove his identity to the peace officers if he is questioned or detained by the peace officers.
- The attitude of peace officers and people should be good during the talks.
- Enforcing the law is also one of the responsibilities of these officers.
Different Types of Violations
There are many types of violations. Here are some of them:
- Driving without a seat belt can be life threatening and is a serious violation.
- Taking a U-turn from the wrong place can be life threatening.
- It is also dangerous to drive close to the back of a car.
- Reckless driving can also be life threatening.
- It is dangerous to use a mobile phone while driving.
- It is also dangerous not to follow the side signs.
- Excessive exposure to acceleration.
The Purpose and Goals for Community Safety Education Act
People are asking over and over again that What is the Purpose of the Community Safety Education Act?
Why is this so important? What changes can it bring to society? There is so much more for you here. How can this affect society in terms of safety? Let us know about it in this article.
The Community Safety Education Act requires that the driver’s education and driving safety education plan include data on appropriate procedures for interaction with residents and law enforcement during traffic stops.
One of the purposes of the Community Safety Act is to inculcate in the minds of students the fact that they can avoid unexpected injuries.
The purpose of this “What Is the Purpose of The Community Safety Education Act?” is also to avoid any tension and anxieties between the citizens and the peace officers during the talks.
Avoid unpleasant situations, mainly at traffic stops or during private meetings.
It raises expectations during conversations between peace officers and car drivers.
It provides the information needed to train car drivers, the general public, students and law enforcement officers.
The Community Safety Education Act sets out what to do when a vehicle is involved in any of the following:
- In the event of a car accident, the driver is given legally advice if his car is damaged or injured.
- If someone is injured you should call the emergency helpline (911).
- You should get details of all the evidence surrounding the accident.
- It may also be necessary to take pictures of the scene of the accident۔
- You can also exchange your name, phone number and insurance company details with other drivers.
Tips for Educators Who Will Teach the Act
Thank you for providing students with this important instruction on proper interaction with law enforcement. The main purpose of this directive is to follow traffic before, during and immediately before stopping, to ensure the safety of both officers and citizens.
The focus of this directive should be on ensuring the safety of everyone. What Is the Purpose of The Community Safety Education Act?
- Contact your local law enforcement or school representative officer for guidance.
- Before giving information, evaluate how much students know about traffic stops.
- Examine student attitudes before providing information and after providing information, assess whether student attitudes have changed. Be sure to clear up any misunderstandings.
- During the Q&A video, after asking a question, pause the video before the officer answers and ask the students what they think might be the answer to the question.
- Students can ask about citizens videotaping traffic stops. Citizens have the right to videotape. Drivers and passengers should be aware that having an unknown object in the hands of citizens can lead to safety concerns for officers.
- Students must remember that the instructions of the officers ensure safety.
- Use the quiz at the end of the section to see if you understand the information provided by the doctor.
Here are some Safety Tips
In the above article, we have answered your question What is the Purpose of The Community Safety Education Act? Now we will tell you about some tips.
Always be alert
- When you are driving, pay active attention to your actions and the drivers around you.
- Make no mistake about what other drivers are going to do or what you think they should do.
Always Use turn indicators
- While you can’t rely on others when they always indicate their intentions while driving, you can certainly control whether they have realistic expectations of your actions. Always use your turn signals before changing lanes or turning.
- Wearing your seat belt is an essential safety precaution for drivers. Not only are you more likely to be injured in an accident if you are not wearing a seat belt, you can also be fined for failing to do so.
Control your fear
- When you are driving, control your fears as you may encounter different situations while driving. Overcoming Fear You can face all kinds of situations while driving۔
Follow Traffic Signals
- Observe and follow traffic signals.
Respect Yellow Lights
- Remember that the yellow light is intended to alert drivers and prepare them to stop. The yellow traffic signal should not be seen as a sign to step on the gas to run at an intersection before the light turns red.
Do Not use Mobile while Driving
- Using a mobile phone while driving is dangerous and can put you at risk.
Expect the unexpected
- A better understanding of the road means that you will be able to find out the possible causes of a possible accident. Always remember that crashes don’t have to be inevitable.
Take it slowly
- High speed driving on the race track. Traveling at an easy, sensible pace gives you plenty of time and space to respond to anything you may encounter.
- Don’t change the lane suddenly. If you want to change lanes, indicate so that those in front and behind you know that you are about to change lanes.
Remember your limits
- That’s all you can know without having to take the latest driving course. As a driver, it is important to understand the limitations of your abilities and not know how to advance them.
- Impatient drivers drive from one place to another ahead of time, which can be dangerous. Of course, time is precious but more than that you are safe. If you have had an accident, you know how important it is to be patient while driving.