Right condiments and sauces are kitchen staple, as every food recipe is incomplete without them. However, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are quite popular among these.
These sausces have a distinct flavor and are thus common in different savory food dishes. By the way, you can also use one as a substitute for the other.
But, is worcestershire sauce is the same as soy sauce? Many people ask such questions because both sauces are quite similar in appearance.
However, if the answer is no, then what’s the difference between soy sauce and worcestershire sauce? So, let’s dive in and find out the answers.
Is Worcestershire Sauce Is the Same as Soy Sauce?
These two sauces are pretty common in our favorite food dishes. And, both are also easily available in the market. Moreover, both are used in savory food recipes to enhance their overall flavor.
But despite all these similarities, both are quite different from one another. And, the reason for this difference is their different ingredients and composition. In addition, their fermentation period is also different.
Read More: How to Thicken Soy Sauce?
So, here I mention all those primary differences between these two sauces. Let’s know them.
Worcestershire Sauce Vs Soy Sauce
- The first difference between them is their different origin. Soy sauce was originated in China, while the worcestireshire city of England is the origin of the other one.
- Secondly, both comprise different ingredients of the composition. The primary ingredients of soy sauce are soybeans, enzymes, wheat, and salt. On the other hand, Worcestershire sauce has molasses, sugar, salt, barley malt vinegar, and spices as primary ingredients.
- The process of fermentation prepares both. However, the fermentation period for both is different. Usually, the fermentation period of worcestershire sauce is greater.
- Soy sauce is fermented for about six months, while worcestershire sauce is fermented for about 18 months or even more. Therefore, it yields a strong flavor and aroma in contrast to soy sauce.
- The prominent flavor of soy sauce is salty with the final slight bitter notes. While, the flavor of the other one is more complex and stronger than soy sauce. In fact, its taste is sweet but a little tangier and peppery due to vinegar and other added spices.
- Soy sauce is pretty common for fried fish, grilled or roasted vegetables, and other savory dishes. However, worcestershire sauce goes great with meat, dumplings, and pork.
I hope now you have a better idea about all the differences between these sauces. As, I have tackle above the soy sauce vs worcestershire sauce. And, I am sure you understand the difference much clearly.