Even if you use a cleaning cloth to clean the dirt on your glasses, how do you maintain the cleaning cloth? We will introduce in detail how to wash glasses cleaning cloths well, points to be careful about when washing, and popular glasses cleaning cloths. We also have eyeglass wipes recommended for gifts.
Table of Contents
Is it possible to wash the material used to clean eyeglasses?
Do eyeglass cleaning cloths need to be washed? First of all, I will introduce the “material” used for cleaning glasses. We will also explain the dirt on the wipes of the glasses, which can cause trouble.
Glasses cleaning material 1. Microfiber
Microfiber eyeglass cloths are commonly known as eyeglass wipes. The main material of microfiber is made from “synthetic fibers” made from nylon and polyester. The fibers are very thin and can be used to clean dirt. Microfiber eyeglass wipes can be hand washed or machine washed using a laundry net.
Characteristics of microfiber
- Since the fibers are thin, it can trap sebum stains and dust.
- Highly absorbent and moisturizing
- Dries quickly even after washing
- Used in clothes, bedding, cleaning supplies and towels
Glasses wipe material ② Leather glasses wipe
Leather cloth is also sold as a material for wiping glasses. Leather eyeglass wipes can be used for a long time. The fibers of the microfiber are also thin, but the fibers of the “Kyongsame Cloth”, which will be described later as a popular product, are also very thin and smooth to the touch. Leather cloths are hand washable with warm water and soap.
REad Also: What is an effective toilet cleaning method?
dirt on glasses
After use, the cloth for wiping glasses has invisible dust and sebum stains. If you leave it in that state for a long time, dust and sebum stains may damage your glasses. Also, the wiping effect will be reduced.
how to clean glasses
Dirty microfiber glasses wipes can be washed in the washing machine or by hand. We will introduce in detail how to wash easily without damaging the fibers.
How to wash ①Washing machine
You can easily wash your glasses by using a washing machine. If you have a washing machine that allows you to select the course, choose the course that is suitable for washing delicate materials.
use a laundry net
Use a laundry net for cleaning glasses, which is a delicate material. This is to prevent dust and dirt from sticking to the fine-fiber eyeglass wipes.
Neutral detergent recommended for fashionable wear
When you wash your eyeglass cloth in the washing machine, be sure to use a neutral detergent for stylish wear. Ordinary laundry detergents will damage the fabric. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, powder detergent, etc.
How to wash ② How to wash your hands
Check out our instructions on how to wash your glasses cleaning cloth. When washing by hand, make sure to rinse well so that no detergent remains.
hand washing procedure
- Prepare a container for cleaning eyeglasses.
- Prepare hot water with a temperature of about 40°C.
- Dissolve 1-2 drops of neutral detergent in hot water.
- Gently scrub and wash.
- If the dirt does not come off, soak and wash.
- Rinse. (At least 3 times)
- If you can rinse it clean, you’re done.
How to wash leather eyeglass wipes
- Wash with (soap, hand soap) in lukewarm water of about 40°C.
How to dry glasses cleaning cloth
After washing the glasses cleaning cloth, lightly remove the moisture. Please refer to the following for how to drain.
- Put a cloth for eyeglasses on a towel.
- Pat the towel lightly to evaporate the moisture.
- Hang it on a hanger.
- Dry in a well-ventilated room.
How to wash eyeglasses “notes”
There are some things to keep in mind when cleaning glasses. Be sure to check the precautions carefully so as not to damage the cloth for cleaning glasses.
Note 1: Bleach and fabric softener
If you use “bleach or fabric softener” on microfiber or leather eyeglass cloths, they won’t be able to absorb dirt like they used to. This is because the feeling of use is lost when the fibers are damaged or deteriorated.
Note 2: Dryers and irons
Using a dryer or ironing on a microfiber eyeglass cloth will damage the fibers. Because it is vulnerable to heat, it is important not to use direct sunlight or a dryer. Also, don’t use a hair dryer or dryer on leather eyeglass cloths.
- Glasses wipes made of microfiber material are vulnerable to heat and the fibers will melt, so be careful of high temperatures.
- If you use a dryer on a leather eyeglass cloth, it will lose its original feel.
- Since the heat resistance temperature is low, it is necessary to be careful of direct sunlight.
How to choose a cleaning cloth for glasses
What do you pay attention to when purchasing eyeglass wipes? Here are some points to consider when choosing a cleaning cloth for eyeglasses.
Point ① Size
When choosing a cleaning cloth for glasses, choose the size according to the purpose. S size and M size are suitable for small items such as glasses and mobile phones. Larger sizes are recommended for tablets and computers.
Point ② Materials
Glasses wipes are made of washable microfiber and leather wipes that can be used for a long time. The features are different, so choose the type that suits you.
- Microfiber eyeglass wipes are easy to clean. The design is also abundant, and it is a popular material for gifts.
- Leather eyeglass wipes can be used for a long time with proper maintenance. There are also features that increase usability by using it.
- Disposable glasses wipes are convenient to carry. It does not require maintenance, so it is a convenient item that can be used whenever you like.
Point ③ Carrying
For carrying, there are disposable types that are individually wrapped and cloths that come with a special case. Let’s change the type of glasses wipe according to the purpose, such as for home use, car use, and portable use.
Tips for choosing eyeglass wipes
- Choose a size that matches the purpose of wiping glasses
- Considering eyeglass cleaning materials
- For portability, there are cases and disposable types.
What is the lifespan of a glasses wipe?
Did you know that eyeglass wipes have a lifespan and that there is a time to replace them? Even eyeglass wipes that look clean on the outside will deteriorate. In addition, the material and storage conditions also affect the lifespan. Proper management is required for longevity.
Lifespan of a cleaning cloth for glasses
- The lifespan of a cleaning cloth for glasses is about 3 to 5 years.
- The standard for replacement is when the thread becomes frayed or the color fades.
- The recommended frequency for cleaning glasses is once a week.
The glasses cleaning cloth can be washed in a washing machine or by hand. Keeping them clean will keep your glasses clean. Considering the precautions when washing, let’s wash the glasses cleaning cloth.